Title: Heart of Dixon
Series: Brooklyn #2
Author: Danielle Jamie
Release Date: March 10, 2015
Life can change in a matter of seconds. One minute you’re laughing and enjoying life feeling invincible. Then BAM! Everything changes in a blink of an eye.
My life has always been one big crazy party. That is until everything spiraled out of control. We made a catastrophic misjudgment putting trust in two people with evil intentions. Sadly none of us knew until it was too late. Now my best friend’s life is hanging in the balance and danger still lurks in the shadows.
To make matters worse the 'never fall in love' motto I had all of my life just flew out the window at the worst time possible as I find myself torn between two men. What do you do when your heart is pulling you in one direction but your head is pulling you in another?
I can’t help but fear that all of my life before this moment was just the calm before the storm…
I HEART BOOKS REVIEW
Review by Theresa Esterline
The heart knows what it wants...
To bad these two are so set on ignoring their hearts. In book two the frustration and passion between Dixon and Brooklyn just continues to grow. Between the passion, drama, and outrageous statements about relationship, or lack of one ;) And now a bit about the story...
Dixon and Brooklyn have just flown back from LA as Savannah is in the hospital after her attack. Dixon is freaked out because not only did he fly to see Brooklyn, but she melted into him looking for comfort. In a effort to push her away, he turns to his man whore ways. They fight the pull to each other as problem after problem rears its ugly head. Not only do they have to watch out for crazy Zak who is trying to get even, but they have other crazies to contend with to...
- You go from one moment living on the high we call life and the next you find yourself free falling through the clouds praying to God you don’t end up splattered all over the concrete below. Some of us get lucky and sprout wings—while others meet their fate down below.
- ‘Not all that wander are lost.’
- “We only get one life to live so make it epic!”
Book One in the Brooklyn Series
I HEART BOOKS REVIEW
Review by Theresa Esterline
From fun and flirty to hot and steamy in no time ;)
I've missed Brooklyn, she is fun, sassy, and knows what she wants. At least she has known for the last 5 years. Dixon has her wanting and feeling things she's not sure she wants to feel... Brooklyn's series starts about the same time as Savannah's story does and I love re-reading bits of the story from Brooklyn and Dixon's POV. I'd even forgotten some parts so I was surprised when they happened! The only bad park is now I have to wait until early next year for book #2... I read all of the Savannah books back to back. And now a bit about the story...
Brooklyn is an up and coming actress and Savannah is her best friend. When Savannah moves to Galveston, Texas to be near her boyfriend Kayden Knox, Brooklyn decides to move with her and just fly in for her movie shoots as needed. Next Brooklyn wants to snag herself a Texas cowboy! After hooking up with Xander, the lead singer of Slither Tongue, and Jax, Knox's Australian bodyguard and friend, she still wants Dixon, Knox's cousin. She is thinking he should be off limits, but that only makes the attraction stronger. Will she waste this opportunity to love?
- I take in the five guys at the table; four of them attractive. I definitely wouldn't turn them away if I accidentally discovered one of the naked in a guest room while roaming around this place.
- And this feeling of jealousy? I hate it. I don't do jealous. I'm not a fucking chick, for Christ's sake.
- "You can touch me, you know. I don't bite...well, not unless you ask me to first."
- 'Not all who wander are lost.'
- What the hell is wrong with me? Did I go to sleep with a dick and wake up with a fricking vagina? I don't feel shit. Girls feel; I just fuck.
- I can't wait to see which Dixon is at this party: fun and flirty Dixon, or dickhead Dixon.
- I reach up and cup my balls through my jeans...still got 'em. For a moment there, I thought I lost my balls when the idea crossed my mind to put my controller down and see if Brooklyn had texted me back.
Amazon Bestselling Author and a mother of 3 wonderful kids. Madison 11 Bailey 6 and Finn 3. I run a successful online boutique, Bailey Booper’s Boutique; many of my items featured on Teen Mom 2.
I live in a small town in NY with my husband of 11 years, enjoying my happily ever after. My perfect day is spending time at the beach, I love the Ocean. I’m an outdoorsy type of girl; every chance I get I’m outside walking or running around with my kids.
I have been writing for as long as I can remember but I finally decide to pursue my dreams of sharing my stories with the world when I published my first Novel Irresistible Desire back in March 2013.