Monday, June 18, 2018

Review: Comfort Zone

Comfort Zone Comfort Zone by Missy Johnson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Off the charts awkward...

This is a hilarious tale with some of the most embarrassing moments you can think of... From your professor telling you he's been reading the instant messages you've sent taking about your sexual fantasies staring him to your mother offering to let you try out her sex swing!! Full of strong and lovable characters. Grammy fighting with her dementia and desire for satisfaction, Andrew the cat who's allergic to shellfish, the professor motorboating the stripper, her mother being attacked by a multitude of tiny Pac Man style penis, and it just goes on and on. Doesn't that sound like the best trailer you've seen in a while? And now a bit about the story...

Becca seems to have one embarrassing thing happen to her after the other. If you've read the other Awkward Love stories, you'll remember her as Laura's friend that bought the sex toy gift card. Anyhow, now she's in vet school and lusting after her professor. The only problem, besides the obvious, that he knows and is at the bachelor party she holds for her best friend and can't remember a thing about the night. Luckily she finds some evidence on social media and the internet, but it doesn't answer all her questions and gets her in hot water too.

Tequila, it can be your best friend AND your worst enemy at the same time!! I hope you enjoy and LAUGH like I did!!!

Favorite passages:
- “It only takes one mistake to ruin everything.”
- Confidence is usually something I have in spades, but when it comes to guys, all bets are off.
- “Relax, I’m far from intoxicated,” she assures me. “Then it must have been my charm that had you stumbling at my feet.”
- “What’s her name? Ellery? She sounds like a freaking vegetable.”

Note: I was given a free copy and voluntarily chose to review this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment