Sunday, November 4, 2018

Review: Pierced

Pierced Pierced by J.A. Huss
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

That's one cage he won't get in!

Second in the Tall Dark and Handsome series, though reading order isn't 100% required, you will know the characters and why Myrtle’s pissed at Pierce, but not a deal breaker. Funny, hilarious at points, where else have your ever read about BDSM, retired circus cats, and the NSA in the same story? And now a bit about the story...

TDH is a new development area in Denver, CO and headquarters to Le Man, the men's magazine run my Pierce. Myrtle’s his former executive assistant turned VP of social media. But she's just not happy. He embarrassed her, humiliated her in front of everyone and then he replaced her. She didn't want the new windowed office or raise. But she does know what she wants...Will she be able to admit it so she can get it?

Favorite passages:
- “He pretty much bumbles around from minute to minute like a dog looking for squirrels.”
- “If you were doing BDSM to avoid a lawsuit, I’ve got some sobering news for ya.”
- “Missing? Did you leave his body somewhere?”
- Had I known I was going to be making word salad, I would’ve brought dressing.
- This isn’t a game, and there are no rules now, but I am happy to submit to whatever she asks in this moment. Unless she wants my cock in a tiny box. Then I draw a line.
- I just never realized before that I was “people.”

Note: I was given a free copy and voluntarily chose to review this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment