Title: Passion in Paradise Duo
Novels Included: Cain's Salvation & Hard as Stone
Series: The Men of the McKinnon Sisters
Author: Sarah O'Rourke
Genre: Erotic Romance Suspense
Published: September 22, 2015
In the small, sleepy Southern town of Paradise, not everything is as it seems. Nestled in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains, the tiny country town seems like it would be the perfect spot to raise a family, build a life and enjoy living in what most natives call ‘God’s Country’. What no one seems to realize is that there are secrets hiding in the families of this quaint little community – especially the McKinnon clan.
“Another Hit, if you love romance and action this book is for you. As a Wife of a U.S.Marine veteran I highly recommend this book. LOVE LOVED IT. I ALWAYS LOVE THIS AMAZING AUTHOR!!!” ~ Cain’s Salvation from an Amazon Reviewer
“To wrap this up before I get to chatty... this was 153 (Kindle version) pages long and I'm fairly certain if I was left alone with no interruptions I would have finished this in one afternoon. The pacing if ideal, the tale was effortless to read, and the anxiety build up to the climax was superb! Can't wait to find out who the next book is about!” ~ Cain’s Salvation from Rough Draft Book Blog
“LOVED this book! LOVED the first book and this one was even better! Jake was this bad-ass that flew into town like he was going to turn everything upside down. It was so good to see what a good woman could finally do to him. A man that looked to have no heart at all….. This series is one to read! One to put on your TBR and to continue to follow.. Sarah is an amazing author! And I am so glad I had a chance to read this!! Thank you Sarah! <3 I cannot wait to read the next book in this series!” ~ Hard as Stone from Book Worms
“So I finished reading Hard as Stone yesterday and I have to say... Wow! Just wow! I thought Cain's Salvation was good, but the McKinnon sisters and their men kept me on the edge of my seat and my face shoved in my kindle for two days. I absolutely love this series and I can't WAIT for Ready, Willing, and Abel….” ~Hard as Stone from Amazon Reviewer
I HEART BOOKS REVIEW
Passion in Paradise (Cain's Salvation - The Men of the McKinnon Sisters #1) by Sarah O'Rourke
Review by Theresa Esterline
I really enjoyed reading this story. The characters were easy to relate to and were described well. There was enough back story provided to get you hooked! Sometimes I laughed out loud, other times my heart was breaking and I even had tears in my eyes. And now a bit about the story...
Cain had loved Faith for as long as he can remember. However their differences had always kept him at bay. When her parents died in a car crash when she was 16 he came back from Medical school to comfort her as a friend. Later he returned to Paradise, Tennessee - their small sleepy town - in time for her to go off to college. When she returned they started dating and were soon engaged. All was going wonderful until he was called up by the National Guard to serve as combat doctor in Kandahar, Afghanistan. 9 months into his tour he can't stand the sand, desert, and death surrounding him. He starts to question his worth and fears he isn't the right man for Faith. Try this story out to see what war can do and how time, faith and love can heal.
- One day could feel a thousand hours long when you were surrounded by the violence of war.
- It was time to let her go. He had to release her from their promise of forever. Her freedom was the only gift he had left to offer her now. The man his Faith had loved was dead and the shell left in his place was good enough for no decent woman.
- "I'm just a shadow, honey. A man that doesn't have a soul left to lose."
- "You have scars, Cain. Some of them you can see; some you can't."
- He'd watched her hug, kiss and fondle more men then a whore working shore leave.
- "As long as I've got you by my side, I can face anything the world throws at me."
- “Aw, c’mon, girls! There’s nothing to feel ashamed over. The Good Lord wouldn’t have given men peckers if he didn’t want us to play with ‘em.”
- “It’s love,” Abel declared sadly. “The emotion makes smart men go supremely stupid. It’s sad, really.”
I HEART BOOKS REVIEW
Passion in Paradise (Hard as Stone - The Men of the McKinnon Sisters #2) by Sarah O'Rourke
Review by Theresa Esterline
Even better than the first!!
This was a great follow-up to Cain's Salvation, book one in the Passion in Paradise series surrounding the McKinnon sisters. In the first book we met the family and learned about Cain and Faith's rocky relationship. In the second book we move on to Harmony and Heaven as our main characters while learning more and more about the other two McKinnon's - Patience and Honor. The story keeps you hooked. Harmony and Patience are extra sassy and full of surprises. We meet a new hero and villain as well... what story world be any good without all those ;) The men continue to make their mistakes, some that could lead to disaster. And now a bit about the story...
Harmony is a single mom and happy, or so she thought. When Jacob Stone rolled into town her world is turned upside down. Her track record with men is awful and she tries really hard to ignore Jake. Stone is a Harley riding mystery with long hair and tattoos, but the would be bad boy had fallen for Harmony and Heaven, her four year old daughter. What Harmony doesn't know is Jake is DEA and he is there to decide if she is part of the next big drug play or if she is at risk. Before he is even in town a few minutes he knows she is innocent and he MUST protect her and her whole family, but will she forgive him when she finds out? How can he protect her if she pushes him away? Zeke, the local sheriff, figures out what he is up to and while all the men in the McKinnon's life are in the loop the women are left hanging out in the wind. It isn't until Tanner shows up threatening Harmony and all she holds dear that the story breaks free.
The ending was a surprise to me as well, I love when books aren't predictable :). Can't wait for the next one to see the torture Patience puts Abel through...
- Either way, it wasn't Zeke's fault that Jacob felt like a whore attending a cotillion when he stood beside the other man.
- "When a man gets lucky enough to take a pretty woman like you out for the evening, then he damn well should show up with flowers, Harmony. If he doesn't, you kick his ass to the curb."
- "Christ, will you calm d- own? I can only handle one hysterical woman at a time," Jacob whispered violently into the phone. [talking to Zeke]
- "Either way, neither of those so-called faults is gonna keep me from claimin' you." "I'm not undiscovered territory, Jacob," Harmony retorted sharply. "I'm a woman. And I'm not looking to be claimed. Not by you or anybody else. Go take you flag and plant it someplace else."
- Sweet Lord, the man was part-octopus.
- "For once, can't you cut me a break and stay where I put you?" Honor raised an eyebrow at the angry man. "I'm sorry. You must have mistaken me for a German Shepard."
- "In that case, Zeke was right. That was a foolish thing to do." Honor frowned at her sister. "And if you tell him I said that, I'll burn your pancakes for a month."
- She was flourishing under his attention, shedding her inhibitions, spreading her wings, and flying higher than she'd ever imagined possible.
- "I can't promise clear skies, darlin'," Jacob admitted quietly. "But I can damn sure be there with the umbrella when that rain falls."
- A sperm donor didn't make a man a daddy, and that bastard wasn't getting anywhere near this precious girl again.
- Jake snorted. “He’s also a horny teenage boy, Harmony, and I wanna make sure that he knows if he chooses to get frisky with my Princess then I’ll be forced to geld him.”
- “You go to jail for protecting my daughter, then I’ll post your bail,” Jake assured him.
- We’ve got a Sheriff , an attorney and a coroner in our family. Together, we can make anything look like an accident. Understood?”
Sarah O'Rourke is the alter ego of two best friends who have taken their passion for romantic fiction and erotica to the publishing world. Born and raised in the southern United States, one lives near Louisville, KY, while the other resides in Atlanta, Georgia. Neither is ever very far from a tall glass of sweet iced tea, their dog-eared copies of Gone With the Wind, or their Steel Magnolias DVDs!
Formerly an accountant and a chemist, they are now overworked, stay-at-home moms who adore their children, their husbands...and writing about love in every way possible!
Ready, Willing and Abel (Passion in Paradise #3)