FROM DARKNESS by Staci Hart, is LIVE!
Bestselling author Staci Hart brings you an addictive romantic mythology series where love is the ultimate game, and Aphrodite always wins.
From Darkness by Staci Hart
Publishing Date: September 28th, 2017
I never wanted to leave her. But I had no choice.
I’ve spent the last three years raising my daughter and wishing for things I couldn’t have. When I came back to New York, I thought I could find my way back to her. But that path was lost, grown over and hidden from everyone, especially me.
Her obsession over her best friend’s death is dangerous, and the man she’s after could put her life at stake. She’ll never let it go, not until he’s behind bars or dead.
She just doesn’t realize it might not be him who pays in the end.
If only she’d let me help her. If only she’d let me in. When she sets her mind to something, that’s it. But there’s an exception to every rule, and I plan to be the exception to this one.
And I’ll protect her until my very last breath, whether she wants me or not.
Amazon US: http://amzn.to/2k3MNtw
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/2hq7E9b
Add to GoodReads: http://bit.ly/2wVsPlv
I Heart Books Reviews
all reviews by Theresa Esterline
From Darkness (Hearts & Arrows #3) by Staci Hart
Second Chances... times two?
Dita, Ares, Perry, Heff, Artemis, and Appollo are all back! I'm sure I've missed a few gods, but those are my favorite ones ;) Note: spoilers below from books 1-2, but NO spoilters for book 3. After the way book 2 ended things are in flux - the anger, sadness, hatred and fear are high and it comes out in the games. But can the goddess of love conquer all? And now a bit about the story...
This competition is between Artemis, goddess of the hunt, and Aphrodite, goddess of love. They both have different powers, but both are suffering. Will they let their humans suffer too? Josie has already lost so much. Now Jon is back and wants her back - but will he get the second chance he wants? Can Josie survive his return and solve her case -- it seems one (or both) could destroy her...
- “it couldn’t hurt to be a little more lip gloss and a little less gunmetal.”
- “All right. Don’t forget to put on pants and a bra before you go chasing the potential kidnapper.” Josie motioned to Anne’s naked legs.
- “It won’t be for much longer if I keep picking up jobs and you keep busting your ass at lawyer waitressing.”
- He also knew there was an exception to every rule, and he planned to be the exception to this one.
Start the Series Today!
(Free in Kindle Unlimited)
Amazon US➜ http://amzn.to/2pBid8h
Amazon UK➜ https://goo.gl/m5ST2M
Add to GoodReads➜ https://goo.gl/SggznE
Paper Fools (Hearts & Arrows #1) by Staci Hart
Oh Gods! I loved it <3
I'm not sure I've ever read a story like this. It was like two stories for the price of one! Instead of the narrator just pulling the strings there was a story going on in the narrator's world too. You'll laugh, get chills, hot flashes, be frustrated, and hopeful! And now a bit about the story...
Dita, short for Aphrodite, and Apollo are competing. Dita to get Dean and Lex together and Apollo to keep them apart. While the story of Dean and Lex unfolds, there are several stories taking place in Olympus. Then there is the secret between Kara and Roe. Band, drama, gods, what's not to love!!
- “His goodness was always there, even when I didn’t want to see it,”
- It was like caging a panther, beautiful and dangerous — if she kept him fed, she could tame him. And if she couldn’t, he would devour her until there was nothing left but bones.
- Every scenario that crossed her mind did not end well. And by not ending well, she meant ending up lip-locked against a wall.
(Free in Kindle Unlimited)
Amazon US: http://amzn.to/2wcWf2g
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/2wcKvgs
Add to GoodReads: http://bit.ly/2vEOcf1
Shift (Hearts & Arrows #2) by Staci Hart
Subtle, Satisfying, and Setbacks
It's time for the next game in Olympus! The series focuses around the gods and goddesses, not the characters of New York they seem to enjoy swinging and shaping to their own ends. Though we did get an update on the couple from book 1 ;) Olympus has been updated - the names, the technology, the food - or lack of, etc! Be sure to start with Paper Fools, to see why Dita is so frustrated with the men in her life. And when the goddess of love is frustrated all should look out! And now a bit about the story...
Dillon and Kat have both spent their entire lives protecting their younger brother and sister, respectively. Dillon protects Owen from his "father" and Kat protects Kiki from everyone! A fighter and a race car driver - both have to shift in their sport, whether it is their thinking, their feet, the gears, etc. But can these two shift when they are not competing? Can they shift towards selfishness versus constant protector, towards love and responsibility - not not responsibility?
- "What the fuck is your problem? Don't roll in here and insult me just because you're some 'roided out motherfucker with anger issues and tiny balls."
- "Saying you have a terrible track record is like saying Hannibal Lecter just hosted bad dinner parties."
- "Kiki's been through more boys than the Cub Scouts."
- She was infuriating and intriguing. She was maddening and mysterious. He wanted to know her, and he wanted nothing to do with her.
- "Sometimes gambles pay off in unforeseen ways."
- "Safe is an illusion, a lie we tell ourselves. The only way to gain is to risk."
About the AuthorStaci has been a lot of things up to this point in her life -- a graphic designer, an entrepreneur, a seamstress, a clothing and handbag designer, a waitress. Can't forget that. She's also been a mom, with three little girls who are sure to grow up to break a number of hearts. She's been a wife, though she's certainly not the cleanest, or the best cook. She's also super, duper fun at a party, especially if she's been drinking whiskey. From roots in Houston to a seven year stint in Southern California, Staci and her family ended up settling somewhere in between and equally north, in Denver. They are new enough that snow is still magical. When she's not writing, she's reading, sleeping, gaming, or designing graphics.
Connect with Staci: