Title: One Call Away Author: Emily Goodwin
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Tropes: Small Town Romance, Second Chances Standalone
Chase Henson doesn’t play by the rules. He doesn’t let himself get attached, doesn’t stay in one place long enough to call anywhere home. So when he returns to the small town of Summer Hill for the first time in years, the last thing he expects to find is a reason to stay.
Sierra Belmont is lost. After a sudden loss that left her heart broken in a million pieces, Sierra is just barely getting by. Burying herself in work at Summer Hill’s only bookstore, all she wants to do is make it through another day.
And then Chase comes in to buy a book. Rumors that he’s dangerous fly through the town, but Sierra isn’t afraid of him. He might be the last person she should be with, but he’s the only one who understands the depth of her pain. For the first time, Chase stands still, fighting the desperation to mend Sierra’s broken heart.
Always running, the past has never had a chance to catch up to Chase. But there’s a first time for everything.
Colleen MC (The Book Lover) - “....captivating read and one that has made it into my list of 2017 favourites.”
Julia (The Romance Bibliophile) - “One Call Away was sweet, sexy, and utterly addicting, and one of my TOP FAVORITE romances of the year.”
Kelly (Kelly’s Nerdy Obsession) - “Emily writes beautifully. Her words are like a piece of art.”
I Heart Books Review
One Call Away by Emily Goodwin
Review by Theresa Esterline
What's your super power??
Breathtaking, heartwarming and heartbreaking, romance filled with intrigue, comedy, and a few cats!! The characters are well developed and have a few unexpected qualities to keep you on your toes. The setting is a small town in the south, everyone knows everything, gossip runs rampant, and secrets are short lived. And now a bit about the story...
Chase and Sierra have both had a tragic past. Fate throws then together and they instantly hit it off. As you can expect lack of open and honest communication threatens to tear them apart. Even though they are only one call away, at times they feel miles apart. Will they answer the call and take a chance or remain safe, but alone and unhappy...
- “That’s not a word.” I raise an eyebrow. “I just said it, so it is a word.”“I’m pretty sure it’s not.” I hike an eyebrow. “It’s not like we’re playing Scrabble here. Dessert-ish is a word and I’m going to use it every chance I get. Just to annoy you.”
- “What the fuck is really going on? You fall off the grid then pop up in the middle of nowhere in the south. Are you being held against your will by your inbred relatives?”
- “I find resenting anything to be a waste of time. Stressing over what could have been gets you nowhere. What matters to me is what could happen next.”
- It’s the last thing I thought would happen. And sometimes the least expected things are the most needed.
- “Don’t worry about what you want ... you’re lucky enough you got to pick your fiancée and not have an arranged marriage.”
Emily Goodwin is the New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author of over a dozen of romantic titles. Emily writes the kind of books she likes to read, and is a sucker for a swoon-worthy bad boy and happily ever afters.
She lives in the midwest with her husband and two daughters. When she's not writing, you can find her riding her horses, hiking, reading, or drinking wine with friends.
Emily is represented by Julie Gwinn of the Seymour Agency.