Monday, March 12, 2018

Review: First Time Lucky

First Time Lucky First Time Lucky by Chance Carter
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Life isn't always sunshine and rainbows...

Shane and Dallas grew up together and had been good friends. But as time passed things changed. This is a great story about love, passion, corruption, jealousy, resilience, and satisfaction. A modern day small town take on Romeo and Juliet with less death. And now a bit about the story...

Shane has decided it is time he asks Dallas out on a date. The first time it is great, but doesn't have the ending he had planned and by the time he tries again, it's too late. Now Dallas is stuck in an impossible situation. Shane is shipped off to NYC, with institutions never to return. But never is a short mission for Shane and he means business when he returns...

Favorite passages:
- “Your last surprise was a phone call saying you’d been chased across the country by a small town psychopath,” she commented. “Not sure I’m ready for the follow up to that.”
- “Excuse me, sir,” I said, sauntering up to him. “Do you know where I could get a good screw around here?”
- “Because a man who demands affection doesn’t deserve it.”
- “I never worry about myself. I can’t decide whether it’s a strength or a downfall.”

Note: I was given a free copy and voluntarily chose to review this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment