Monday, January 29, 2018

Review: Sunset Thunder

Sunset Thunder Sunset Thunder by Shannyn Leah
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Watch out for the whiplash...

Hilarious and frustrating romantic comedy. First in the Caliendo Resort series, a place I think I'd love to visit!! You'll meet the family that runs the resort, the first book centering around Violet Caliendo, resort wedding planner extraordinaire! My favorite part is seeing what the characters are thinking and how they even can't believe their own thoughts. And now a bit about the story...

Violet must be crazy. She's agreed to plan her ex husband's wedding. What was she thinking. After miserable years married to him, she should know better. Then to have him talk so condescending to her... She is about on her last nerve. Maybe a bathroom quickie will help!! As she finally starts to move on the past comes back to haunt her. Can she brave reality to get her happy ever after???

Favorite passages:
- He wanted to stand in the rain of her thunderstorm? Was he insane? Had he lost his mind?
- Why did you add that? Don’t feed the fire. Say less listen more.
- “Aunt Violet called you a playboy...” Ryder slanted an amused look at Violet, while the young girl continued. “And Aunt Izzy said you only like to play with girls. I was just wondering what you play with the girls?”
- “That was the last close call. I’ve learned my lesson. I think I have whiplash like an old mother hen.”

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment