Sunday, July 8, 2018

Review: Deception: A Secret Billionaire Romance

Deception: A Secret Billionaire Romance Deception: A Secret Billionaire Romance by Lexi Whitlow
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Lies are only okay when...

Deception can come in many forms... in this story some lies are innocent and forgivable, your job will be deciding who to trust when. There are irritating moments, humorous moments, and of course lots of passion. Based mostly in New York City, our two CEOs battle head to head. One for the company one for love. And now a bit about the story...

At sixteen when given the opportunity, Sarah, leaves her family and embarks on a new life. Twelve years later she's a successful CEO. From peeling potatoes to controlling the board room. If only more people weren't so ambitious. But her family still expects her to marry. So during one of their visits, she marches into a bar and selects a man to play the role of her fiancee. That's when it goes uphill and downhill quickly. Grab your copy to see where the slide will end.

Favorite passages:
- We’re talking high-quality creative, entertainment for all kinds of women. It’s going to continue to succeed. Women are sick of the dated shit on Lifetime.
- Sometimes I get these odd English phrases slightly off. I shrug. I don’t give a fuck. I’ve got that phrase and that attitude down to a tee.
- No one is ever on time in this city, and women are always notoriously late for dates. I’ve heard they teach them about that in the ‘How to make men crazy for you’ classes all girls are required to attend prior to puberty.
- “I didn’t really have a reason to leave the office. When there’s nothing outside of work for you, work tends to become your life.”
- “I have houses all over the world. I can’t keep track of them all.” I grin. It sounds like an awful thing to say, but I worked hard enough to get here. She scoffs and shakes her head. “Who even says something like that?” “A billionaire with houses all over the world?” I offer.
- “Atta girl,” I grin. “Confuse‘em with the truth.”
- “A job well done is it’s own reward.”

Note: I was given a free copy and voluntarily chose to review this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment